Jane's Walk at OAW 2023
Jane's Walk is hosting a walk for Ottawa Architecture Week. It's great to be partnering with them again for the week-long celebration of Ottawa's built heritage.
The theme for Ottawa Architecture Week 2023 is "City of Play: Fun in the Capital?" Play is a voluntary, self-motivated activity that is engaged in for its own sake. OAW invites you to immerse yourself in a captivating exploration of the transformative power of play within the realm of architecture. Play in architecture goes beyond entertainment or recreation, embodying a dynamic and multifaceted approach to the built environment that embraces curiosity, imagination, and risk-taking, fostering creativity and innovation throughout the design process and resulting spaces.
You can see the full OAW program on their website at https://www.oawfest.com/.
Our OAW walk and two other walks are listed below.
About Jane's Walk:
- The walks are led by volunteers and are free to attend. Check out Tips for Participants.
- You must sign up to attend. Sign-up instructions are provided on the walk page.
- When you sign up for a walk, you will receive email confirming your reservation)
- If you sign-up but find you cannot attend, please cancel (see cancel button in your email confirmation).
- Review our covid guidelines. View guidelines.
While you walk, we encourage you to think about and acknowledge the land where we live, work, and walk. The Ottawa-Gatineau region is the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe people. The Algonquin People have inhabited and cared for these lands for millennia and we express our gratitude to and respect for them.