If you're new to Jane's Walk Ottawa-Gatineau (and even if you're not), you may find the summary below helpful.
If you are new to Jane's Walk:
Navigating the schedule:
1. The walks are listed in order of day and time at the bottom of the schedule page. You can sort the walks by language, day, and area of town by selecting the settings you want from the boxes above the list.
2. The map at the top of the schedule page shows all walks as pins. The map is interactive: you can zoom in; putting your pointer on a map pin will show a pop-up of the walk title; you can click on a pointer and see the description for that walk.
3. Lower down on the schedule page, there is a list of all the walks for this year.
4. Once the schedule is confirmed and sign-up has started, start times or starting places will not be changed without clearly flagging that a change has been made. We don't expect to make many changes, but refresh your browser and check walk details close to the weekend to be sure you have the latest information. If by some chance we need to cancel a walk, it will be indicated in the walk title.
5. A printable "timeline" schedule will be available for download around Wednesday, May 3. The 'timeline' is a concise schedule of the weekend that plots the walks on a time grid showing the start time and approximate duration of each walk on each day. The timeline will be downloadable as a pdf.
6. Walks will take place rain or shine! Check the weather report and dress accordingly. If the weather is heavy, walk leaders may decide to take shelter in a coffee shop or pub for a lively discussion in place of the walk.
© 2023 - Janes Walk Ottawa