To prioritize the health and wellbeing of our community, Jane’s Walk Ottawa-Gatineau recommends the following practices for 2023 walks:
- The vast majority of in-person walks will take place outdoors, in spaces where it is possible to maintain physical distancing.
- Although no longer mandatory, participants are encouraged to wear masks (particularly for walks that include indoor spaces). Note that walk leaders will not be expected to wear masks in order to ensure they can be heard clearly.
- The number of participants will be limited to 35 for most walks (exceptions will be noted in our walk descriptions) to reduce overcrowding and to facilitate physical distancing where possible.
- Participants will be required to sign-up at janeswalkottawa.ca for each walk they wish to attend. Participants who are unable to attend walks for which they have registered are asked to cancel their registration to release their spot for another participant.
- Participants are asked to conduct themselves with consideration for the well-being of fellow participants and volunteers, and to respect the comfort level of everyone on the walk.
Visit OttawaPublicHealth.ca/RiskReduction to learn how to reduce the transmission of respiratory viruses.